Monday 16 September 2013

Stories for kids 2

A pleasant morning I bid to the wise and honourable adjudicators, accurate and meticulous timekeeper and all the members of the floor. Today, I, __________ would like to narrate a story entitled ‘The Tiger and the Rat’
          There was once a cave in the jungle. In the cave, there lived a tiger and a rat. The tiger was big and fierce while the rat was small but clever. However, the rat was frightened of the tiger.
          One morning, the rat wanted to go out to find food. On the way out, the rat had to pass the sleeping tiger. The rat accidentally knocked into the tiger’s nose.
          ‘Ouch! Who hit my nose?’ The tiger woke up and became very angry.
          ‘Who dares to disturb me?’ the tiger roared. The rat was very frightened. The tiger caught the rat by its tail.
          ‘I will eat you alive, you small, ugly rat,’ said the tiger.
The frightened rat was thinking of a way to escape.
          ‘Please Mr Tiger, please, do not eat me. I promise I will help you when you are in trouble next time,’ the rat begged.
          ‘Ha!Ha!Ha! Do not try to fool me, you little animal. How can such a small animal like you help me? Don’t you know that I am the strongest animal in this jungle.’ answered the tiger proudly.
          ‘Anyway, I will let you go as I am not so hungry now. But, if I catch you again, I will eat you alive.’ said the tiger again.

          The moment the tiger let go of his grip on its tail, the rat ran away for his life.
          Time passed. One day, an old hunter came into the jungle. As he was walking, he was singing happily.
                    Old Pak Karim had a farm, e,i,e,i,o
                    And on his farm, he had some ducks, e,i,e,i,o
                    With a quack, quack here
                    And a quack, quack there
                    Here a quack, there a quack
                    Ever where a quack,
                    Old Pak Karim had a farm, e, i, e, i, o
                    And on his farm, he ...

          Suddenly, the old hunter saw a paw print.
          ‘What’s this? This is a paw print of a tiger. There must be a tiger nearby. I’ll set a trap here. I want to catch this tiger.’ said the old hunter.
          A few hours later, the tiger came to hunt for food. He roamed the place for his prey. Not long after that, he saw a big deer. He chased after the deer. When the tiger was about to pounce on to the deer, he was caught in the net which was placed by the hunter as a trap.
          The tiger struggled with all his might to free himself but he could not. Then, he shouted for help. ‘Help!Help!Help!’ The rat who was nearby, heard the tiger calling for help.
          ‘That must be the tiger who freed me that day.” the rat thought. Quickly, the rat went to the place where the tiger was trapped.
          ‘Do not worry, Mr Tiger. I’ll help you.’ said the rat.
          The rat then bit the net with his sharp teeth. Krat!Krat!Krat!. In no time, there was a big hole in the net. At last the tiger was freed from the net.
          ‘Thank you, Mr Rat. I’ll always remember what you have done for me. I’ll not harm you anymore. You’re indeed a good friend.’ said the tiger.
          Now, my dear friends, what do you think the moral value of the story is? The moral value is we must always help one another so that we will have a better life here and hereafter.
          With that, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about..
    England

    ReplyDelete